Wednesday, November 16, 2011

020/100: the sweetest days

  020/100: the sweetest days i've found with you by chiquipineda 

"Through the Years
Written by Steve Dorff and Marty Panzer
Original Recording by Kenny Rogers.
Minus One Produced by Star Records for Charice "My Inspiration" Album


No infringement intended.
Please support the original artists.

Dedication : For Cora and Bert Pineda, just because.

Welcome to Song #20 of the 100i.m.perfect songs project!!!  My 20th recording!  YAY, ME.  And on to the good stuff ~

This song happens to be my mom and dad's theme song!  Sweet noh?  Married forty five (forty six?) years now.  Feel na feel nila yan - every word, every sentiment.  Kwento daw ng love story nila.

Makes me smile to think about my parents' love story.  You know how when you get to a certain age and you realize that everything...well, almost everything your mom and dad told you (especially the stuff you rolled your eyes over) was true?  I get it now.  Well, most of it.  Now the smile is a big laugh when I think about how the kids are towards me and J.  And they're not even teenagers yet!  The other day, I was helping my girl O with her guest list for her birthday celebration.  After calling everyone on her list, I said to her "Honey, make sure to follow-up on those who we only left voice messages to, okay?"  "Okay, Mommy." my 8-going-on-9 sweetheart says.  Then I added "On those 'follow-ups', put an F and a U next to their names.  So you remember...F/U for follow-up."  She starts giggling.  I smiled and asked her "What's funny, bella?"  She looks at me and says "Mommy, you said the F.U. words!"   At first I didn't get it.  Then it slowly becomes clear to me how my innocent little girl is now in school and exposed to all this.  Sigh. 

I'm so grateful for my folks, my "Mamay and Daday", for being the best teachers I could ever have.  Admittedly, I didn't always feel this way.  I was very head-strong as a young adult and that made for a whole lot of interesting exchanges between my very strict and conservative mother and me.  Dad was more easy-going with rules but a strict organizer/time-manager.  But that's a story for another time! 

Let's go back to the Love Story of Mom and Dad Here's proof-in-photos.  May they continue to be each other's best ally and wisest teacher and may their love continue to grow stronger every day!

I love you, Mamay and Daday.  Missing you.

xox,
Chikay

 Mom and Dad, Baguio, 1966
Boracay, 2004

Edsa Shang, 2006




2 comments :

  1. They are great role models, Ate C! Now this makes me imagine my little Chloe rolling her eyes as I tell her cheesy stories about my love for her mommy! LOL. So sweet of you to dedicate this lovely song to them. Their 'Baguio' pic reminds me of John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom will be tickle-tuwa over the comparison! I think Kowee will do the eye-roll but secretly, deeply, she'll be so happy about them. (Parang tayo baga, sentiness ever.) Thanks for listening, Mavster. Looking forward to more future collab-coloves!

    ReplyDelete