Tuesday, October 18, 2011

015/100: beautiful like a rainbow


© Chiqui Pineda, 2012
Toronto

  015/100-Beautiful Like A Rainbow by chiquipineda


True Colors
for the 100im.perfect.songs project


Hey...

You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged
Oh, I realize
It's hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And darkness still inside you
Makes you feel so small

But I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors,
True colors, are beautiful,
Like a rainbow.

Show me a smile then,
Don't be unhappy,
Can't remember when I last saw you laughing
If this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know I'll be there

And I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors,
True colors, are beautiful,
Like a rainbow


True Colors
Glee Cast Production
Original Words/Music: Tom Kelly,
Billy Steinberg, Cyndi Lauper
Denise Barry Music, Billy Steinberg Music,
Rella Music

8 im.perfect.shares.atbp.

1.  As I was singing this song, my heart was just broken in a hundred pieces.  Proof that no matter how ‘broken’ you feel, you can still create.  Yay, me! ;)

2.  I’ve always signed w/ “Courage in Creativity”.  As in the movie Evan Almighty where ‘God’ was speaking with the distraught lady in the restaurant, He said something akin to this...and paraphrasing now: When you pray/ask God for patience/strength/faith, God doesn’t just give you hope/strength/courage in a neat little package.  Instead, God gives you life experiences, chances and opportunities for you to exhibit these things that you wish for.  And before you know it, you've got the patience/strength/faith that you've asked for from the experience you just went through.  

3.  WaPOW.  I just got that.  Again rinse and repeat.  I think it may be time to change my signature.  Hee!  Hmmm...esep...esep…thinking...thinking….Money in Creativity?  Now, that my Mom would like very much.  LOL.  Hi, Mamay!  <3

4.  The old adage “Be careful what you wish for…” is true.  

5.  I realize this now:  If you can take a beating - and by take you know I don't mean to be an idiot masochist/martyr about it, right? - be it a harsh word, a skeptic eyebrow raised to the ceiling, an affront to your very nature and character, or even an almost imperceptible psychic vibe full of “who do you think you are?” hatred - from the ones closest and dearest to you, all the  seemingly big and scary “them/they” (as in the tiresome “what will they say/think/do?”) monsters out there will not hold a candle to you anymore.  Not ever.  EVER.

6.  This is what courage in creativity looks like for me.

7.  Don't get me wrong.  It still hurts like hell, oh you know it!  But you use this hurt as fuel to keep going in the path you want, wait...a better word is choose to go which is YOUR path.

8.  And a BOO! effin HOO! to you too!!!  Your scare tactics are old hat and no, thank you very much to that.

I'm done here.

Courage (and Money!) in Creativity,
Chiqui
^_^ 

The Sisterhood Shares


My Dearest Sis,

You and I both know that the contrabidas/antagonists in our lives are put there for a good reason, right?  In my case, it is to practice my wish for “Courage in Creativity” on. 

What, in your life, do you think feel is the purpose of the contrabidas in YOUR life?  Pang-inis lang (plain annoyance) is not an acceptable reason.*  LOL.  Dig deeper, sister!    Here’s an example from The Sisterhood: 

The purpose of X in my life is to push me out of my comfort zone.  I’ve always been scared to try new things.  Because of X’s lack of resolve (read: katamaran) I’m forced by  my life’s circumstances to push beyond my levels and go do the things I’m ‘afraid’ of like call/talk to people (sales/promote), get that license (I procrastinated forever), launch my business!  ~ MZ

Speak.  I hold this sacred space for you.  If you’re ‘shy’, email me.  I’m here to listen.  My <3 is open. 
Love & Light,
Chiqui

*Ok, I get that perhaps if you're praying for "Patience" then the "annoying/irritant" just may have a good reason to be there, yes?  Peace.

6 comments :

  1. Where is my jaw?;p
    I dropped it again while listening to your beeeu-ti-fulll rendition!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EE! Jaws ko or jaws mo?!!! LOL
    Salamat, kapatid. Your superta (short for super na suporta) always makes me smile. Energies are coming back na (salamat po doktor at antibiotiko :p) so, Harinawa balik araw-araw na ang awit-awit! Thanks again, Eric. You're the Mavster talaga!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully rendered, Cyndi, este, Chiqui! Bravo! But you know me, I am a huge fan of "Tuwing Umuulan at Kapiling Ka."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I see, the contrabidas are there for a reason. To bring out my courage, to challenge my resolve, to question my morals, to (fill in the blanks)...wish I had the fortitude to realize that during those moments when you think "what the heck did I do to you to deserve this??". You, among a few other nameless angels, gave me a gift today. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And YOU, Vina, are one of the shiniest (read:Loudest? LOL) gems in my treasure chest! May you remain there for a very loooong and loud time.

    ReplyDelete