Tuesday, October 11, 2011

13/100: Ngayon Na! Ngayon Na!

  Ngayon At Kailanman by chiquipineda

Hello!  Hello!  Welcome to the new visitors to the 100songs!*  So good to have you over. 

10TriviaAtbp.

1.  Among the perks of my singing career in the 90s was getting to know some of the music industry's legends.  One of them was the great composer, Mr. George Canseco.

2.  Nini Valera wrote on November 20, 2004 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer, as a tribute:  The songwriter, who wrote some of Pinoy pop music's most enduring classics, died of liver cancer at 10 a.m. yesterday at the Kidney Institute. He was 70. His enduring ballads -- all sad, sentimental songs about having loved and lost -- will forever be part of Filipino pop culture. Like his song says, "Ngayon at Kailanman."

3.  The late Mr. Canseco and I had coinciding stints  at a music lounge in Quezon City.  I'm trying to remember the name of the hotel but couldn't.  What I do recall is that the facade of the building had a castle-like structure.  Camelot!  Mr. C had the earlier set and I had the later one.  I didn't last long.  I didn't like the feel of the place, too many interesting characters.  I have dozens of  stories about my lounge singer days.  One day I'll tell you all about it.


4.  Ngayon at Kailanman became a very popular movie theme which starred one of my favorites, Sharon Cuneta.  I remember going to the theaters with my mom and sisters because we were such fans.  I still am.



6.  I got to meet her too, during the height of my showbiz career.  I remember being invited to a karaoke party - the launch of a movie - one with Ms. Cuneta and Rudy Fernandez in it.  I got to sit in the same table as the Megastar but was all tongue tied to say anything.  Mega fail. :p


7.  I love OPM (Original Pilipino Music).  Tagalugin mo, hija.  Mahal ko ang OPM!  I think I'll stick to it for a while for the 100songs project.


8.  It's all spring-like again.  From a very cold, rainy couple of weeks ago to this warm, 24ºC during the day.  The vegetation's getting all confused!  The leaves are all "Should we fall or stay in our branches?"  and the birds frustrated with the 'to migrate or not to migrate' routine!

9.  Recovery rocks!  Still a bit hoarse but getting there.

10.  Thanksgiving  was a whole lot of happy indeed, beginning with feeling better and coming together with family over the weekend.  Finally had a chance to meet the newest addition to the Azimi clan!  I was able to hold baby Olivia and change her diaper, too.  That brought back a flood of sweet baby memories, some I'd like to keep that way.  :D

Today's Creative Quotable is from Michael Nobbs of Sustainably Creative~

Don't compare yourself to others, just get on with YOUR important work.

As always, my dear creative kindred spirit, here's to courage in creativity!


Chiqui

*I'll be using this title as a shortcut from now on to save time and space and...:)

 

2 comments :

  1. *SIGH* I love this song....what a great rendition, hair raising, as usual...*SIGH*

    ReplyDelete
  2. V, remember the movie?!? I do! With our favorite contrabida Cherie Gil? Haaay...hair pulling naman dun. LOL.

    ReplyDelete